There was a big storm here last night.
Now, I personally love laying in bed and listening to the rain fall on the roof;  and the crash of thunder has never bothered me either.

ZooZoo -- not so much.
Elbows in my back while trying to fall asleep to the rhythm of the rain?

that bothers me.  much.

At least the other children seemed to sleep soundly through the storm.
Proving, you never know which way the wind will blow, do you?



 Today's prompt is: Wind


This is my (Brenda's) weekly hop where I post a prompt and you get to write to it on your - come back here and add it to my linky and then we all get to go read what you wrote!



First thing that comes to mind -- Quick!!!
Wind that blows, or watch to wind?

Since I don't have a watch, I don't have to wind.
which oddly also means, I rarely get all wound up.

I used to play the flute - a wind instrument -  in my school band, so naturally I do know how to put my lips together and blow. 
And that sounds much better said in my internal voice.

but also makes me think of this for some reason:


So I think of wind that blows.
And since our lovely host went there first....I'm just joining the fun:





But if you want to really know what "wind" means to me.... well, it brings back lots of fun summertime memories of growing up on the shores of the Great Lake Ontario.
Kingston, my hometown, is known as the fresh water sailing capital of the world.   Each year the Olympic sailing trials are held on the bay of Lake Ontario.

It's a fantastic thing to see all the colourful sail boats and windsurfers dotting the whitecaps on the horizon.   THIS used to be my playground:




Some days, when the sun is shining and the wind is Just Right....


...... I get so very home sick. 
And want to fly with coloured sails.