What time is it?
Why, I have no idea.  I have not worn a watch since my last day at work prior to starting my maternity leave, with my 2nd child --- seven years ago!

I know what time of day it is based on when my children wake up, the bus picks them up, when they are hungry, when I am hungry, when the bus drops them off, when they go to bed...... and by what is on TV.

Speaking of watching TV,  here's an interesting question:

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse, who would you rather have save you?  

Daryl from The Walking Dead

Sgt. Doyle from 28 Weeks Later

http://i2.listal.com/image/76126/936full-shaun-of-the-dead-photo.jpg
This guy.  (Shaun of Shaun of the Dead)
 I had been hearing a lot about this show The Walking Dead, and since it is on our Canadian Netflix now, I thought I'd check it out.   But I know nothing about Zombie movie lore.   So I though I'd check out some movies.

Why do I do that?   Why do I watch stuff that scares the crap out of me?   I mean, I don't have the Federal basic emergency survival kit as recommended by Emergency Preparedness Canada, let alone the official Zombie Survival Kit.


I watch these movies and then I know I'll have all the lights on at night and be laying in my bed at  listening to noises that suddenly sound strange.   And I am not sure that my eldest son is old enough, let alone capable enough, to understand. "honey, you take the first watch, mama needs to rest for a bit. wake mama at 0200 hrs.

Plus, I don't have a watch to give him so he can know when to wake me up.
I fear if zombies attack, we're basically screwed.

But I can't look away.   The show is quite well done (aside from being a bit graphic for my taste in some parts) and the characters are interesting.   I can see how it has become addictive for many.

Besides, since spring is nowhere in sight around here, it's no fun to watch out my windows 
 

http://distilleryimage4.s3.amazonaws.com/d52bf40c927d11e2a1ff22000a1fcee4_7.jpg
taken this AM..and it's snowing even harder by early PM

Doesn't that just look BBBRRRRRR....!
So of course I headed to the tub.   but there wasn't much to watch there either:
 
http://distilleryimage8.s3.amazonaws.com/9d4746e4905311e2ac7c22000a1f96a8_7.jpg
I need a grown up tub.
Then I thought - Hey - I can bring my laptop into the bathroom and watch something on Netflix!!

Yes......Zombies!     Because of course. 

Besides, no way they are coming to Canada.    We're ready - you may have Daryl, Doyle or *ahem* Shaun.
We've got SNOW!

Not this frozen land you walking dead.
Not on our watch


Today's prompt is: Watch


I have to tell you this working with words with double meanings has become quite interesting to me.... the way different people think about a word tells a lot about a person!



So..when you read watch....what do you think about?