Welcome to another edition of Coffee Chat with Rory.

Mucho merci's to all you awesome folk who continue to grabba java and gab with me each week.

It's going to be a short and sweet chat tonight.

Y'all, I've got so many programs taking up space on my PVR -  The Grammy's, The BAFTA's, Once Upon A Time, The Following, and 19 episodes of Tron: Uprising (that last one is for the man and the boy.....ok, fine.  I will watch because Elijah Wood does the hero's voice and he's Frodo after all)

..... I'm going to have to stay up all night just to get through the first two.

Although, I did fast forward to peek Justin Timberlake's return to the stage.
Didya see it?
Here's a sample for you: (UPDATE:  This video actually works.)


I loved it.   A very unique new sound.  I'll have to listen to it several times.

Like I said......Up.All.Night




Tuesday, Feb. 12th, 2013
 "Early Bird or Night Owl?"

Do you think it's possible to switch?


  Clearly I have already answered my own question.

I am most definitely a Night Owl.    There have been several nights that I have been up until 2 am.
My kids usually wake up by 7 am.

Yes.  I have often wondered if I was destined for a different kind of life.

I didn't say I was a Wise Owl.
Too often I have eaten Regret for Breakfast.   And yet, remarkably, most days I get along just fine on quite little sleep..   Although, I am certain most of you are suddenly nodding with understanding now of my coffee addiction.

Now sometimes, I simply cannot fall asleep and stay asleep.   I might fall asleep for a couple of hours, then suddenly wake up and not be able to go back to sleep for awhile.
Also,  I have this thing that I guess is called Restless Leg Syndrome and it can literally drive you crazy!    I can be bone tired, and it still will not let me fall asleep.  
Sometimes I have a thought in my head and have to get up and write it down.

Most nights the Parade of The Minions until after the Midnight Hour keeps me from going to bed; since they will only wake me up numerous times anyway.     I find it much harder to get 8 hours of constantly interrupted sleep --- then to just get 5 straight hours.

Does that make sense to anyone?

Other times.....there's this loud snoring coming from the other side of the bed.  *side eye*

Believe me, I know this is not the smartest or healthiest pattern.   Or rather....lack of sleep pattern.
Which brings me to Part 2 of my prompt:   Can I change this?

Well, when I worked outside the home, I did tend to be in bed much earlier as I had to be awake by 5:30 am thanks to a lengthy commute into the city.    But come the weekend?    I'd be burning the midnight oil again.

When I was in university, I lived in a dorm and it was always so loud - not to mention constant false fire alarms in the night - that regular sleep was impossible.   Plus, the homework, a part time job and a very active party animal social life .... there were hardly enough hours in the day to do all that:  let alone sleep.

When I came back from university that first year, I slept for almost 2 weeks straight.
Was I any wiser in my 2nd year?
Heck to the no.

High School?  No different.  Again, with homework, babysitting/part time job, sports, play practice, social life........Not Enough Hours!
Also, it was at this point I discovered that hilarity the named David Letterman.   Which aired at 12:30 pm AFTER Carson back then.

I can also remember many nights laying on the floor with my boyfriend at his house listening to So Many Records.  Actually, I think All The Records.    And if I wasn't there, I was at his friends house listening to their band Jam. 

See, I guess I have this pattern of just wanting to fit so much into life, that sleep just gets in the way.  And yet because I went to school, I know that you need to refuel and restore your body so that you can enjoy doing All The Things in life.


Or, I don't know......perhaps I fall asleep during that class.





So, are you burning midnight oil -- or catching the early worm?

NEXT WEEK:   Since this is the month of love, tell me who is the Most Romantic Character?   It can be literary, film, in a song.....you decide.   Just convince me he/she is the one.