Another Monday morning; and of all the ones before, this one seems a most difficult one to face.

I'm supposed to send my 5 and 8 year old off to school.
I don't wanna send them to school.

I'd like to just take an early and extended Christmas vacation.   Sit by the fire reading Christmas stories.  Sip hot cocoa by the tree.   Make cookies and eat them All Day.
Maybe go walking in a winter wonderland - stop to make snow angels.

Sing Christmas carols which speak of peace, joy, love......and goodwill towards mankind.

Just.Because.We.Can.




This week’s topic was suggested by Rachée and Mrs RKFJ who called for 10 HOLIDAY SONGS.
Stephanie suggested 10 SONGS WE LOVE, HATE OR LOVE TO HATE and between these two topics sky is the limit!!!


Photobucket



The Mondays' Music Moves Me theme for the month of December is Christmas Songs
So here we go.....you get a twofer today.
(I won't embed all the videos since ain't nobody got time fer dat slow blog loading - I'll link the majority of them for your viewing pleasure.)



1.   I'm watching Christmas Vacation as I write this, so it simply must be sung:




2.  Which of course makes me think of really grand light displays.....but this is a musical post.
      (migraine inducing.....view with 2 extra strength Advil)   But I do LOVE this TSO song:




3.   Frosty the Snowman is definitely my favourite childrens' Christmas song, but it sounds much better when children sing it.

4.   I've cried quite a bit this weekend, but nothing gutted me so quick as hearing children sing Away in a Manger.

Be near me, Lord Jesus;
I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever
And love me I pray!
Bless all the dear children
In Thy tender care,
And fit us for Heaven
To live with Thee there.


5.   This, right here.....is singing.  You will never hear the like:  at 3:46 mark - wait for it! 




6.   This is Canada, and I don't mind telling ya....there's hardly any snow.  1 week away people!  I can't sing my favourite Christmas song so.....Baby, tell me........when will it be Cold Outside???!! 

7.   Michael Buble.   Christmas....Baby Come Home.   nuff said.

8.   My mom and I watch It's A Wonderful Life every year - which is a great tradition.  But the holiday movie I first remember was actually the pilot episode for a show we later came to know as The Waltons.   The movie and theme song were simply called "The Homecoming"   This song by Haygood Hardy is one of my favourite piano pieces and I think of Christmas every time I hear it.

9.    Christmas Day - I cannot wait!!    Okay, so it's not really a Christmas song....but how could you not love it.    Especially done in this "make my heart dance with joy" way:



If you want to hear the professionals do it - go here.

10.   Since I will be abandoning Left Brain on Christmas Eve, Day and Boxing day (don't send emails - he has to work)  I thought I would finish with his most favourite holiday song.



I could be mistaken about that one.....


Since I will be out of town next week, I will not be around for the next Listicle or 4M.
Thus I will take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!