You'll be happy to know that thanks to much rest, I was able to drag myself to Left Brain's office party.   We had a very nice time -- so nice we didn't get home until 3:30 am. 
 
Yep -- ain't goin down to the sun comes up and I still got it.

sorta, because Ouch.  everywhere.

 Left Brain was a gem and let me sleep in Saturday morning.
That may or may not have something to do with the fact that his snoring kept me awake until the kids woke up.   
And that large bruise on his ribs is completely unrelated.   I'm sure it had something to do with that crowded Irish pub we went to after dinner.
Yeah, that.

So you can probably guess what I did when I finally got out of bed Saturday.
That's right!
I cleaned the entire house because we were hosting a get together that night!
More fun was had!
Ouch. Again.

I think if I could just stop coughing, I'd feel pretty good.   But I pretty much have no voice left by now, and still have Sunday to get through.  With 3 kids.  And a Sunday school class Christmas program rehearsal.    

In summary, although it has been so great to celebrate the season with good friends and family, this weekend is pretty much sponsored by Advil Cold and Sinus.  
It's been the jolly in my cup of cheer.


The second candle, lit on the second Sunday of advent along with the first candle, is the Bethlehem candle, reminding us that Jesus was born in Bethlehem.
It too is purple, reminding us that it was a King Who was born in the manger.

  
Theme: PEACE
Scripture: Isaiah 52:7, Haggai 2:6,7
 
How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation,
who say to Zion, “Your God reigns!”
“This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘In a little while I will once more shake the heavens and the earth, the sea and the dry land. I will shake all nations, and the desired of all nations will come, and I will fill this house with glory,’ says the LORD Almighty. The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,’ says the LORD Almighty, ‘And in this place I will grant peace,’ declares the LORD Almighty.”


The hymn “Let there peace on earth, and let it begin with me,” was written by a young American songwriter team, and was first sung in local homes, schools, churches and clubs.  Soon it circulated to even the most primitive regions around the globe, and became a global anthem for Peace.

Imagine voices lifted in harmony to sing this message.  How much more amazing would it be if we lived the message! What chance would Peace on Earth then have?

The task of bringing peace to the world is not given to men.  As long as humanity continues its rebellion of sin, there can never be perfect peace.  As creations of God, we were designed to be in Communion with our Creator; but sin has caused such separation - no matter our personal, civil or global circumstances: we will still be lost.  Frustrated and confused by our constant seeking of fulfillment; and never finding it.  Until each person, each Nation is reconciled unto God; Peace cannot exist on Earth.

True peace cannot be found apart from God. In this troubled world, the salvation that Christ offers to each of us brings Peace to those who receive His word.