Blessings to you this finally Sunny Sunday!
Since this is essentially my Sabbath day of rest *snort*, I will keep it short today.

The kids are bugging me to get outside every 15.3 seconds (yes, I've counted), plus, I am finding it really difficult to writing inspiring poetry with the background ambiance of Doc McStuffins and Ninjago.
*Le Sigh*


Today’s prompt comes straight from Marie Elena Good.

Marie’s prompt is: Take the phrase “Just Beneath (blank),” replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then write the poem.  Possible titles include “Just Beneath My Feet,” “Just Beneath This City,” or “Just Beneath the Surface.”


Just Beneath Troubled Skies

a wild little ray of light
breaks o'er mad seas
the shadow'd finger' dawn
creeps along the dark river
a fickle mistress who
rising and falling
sweeps all but the brave sailor
under her frothy embrace
where we sink, lulled to sleep
by murmuring waters
drowned by pallid flotsam
the coolness of an Asrai kiss
soft and fever'd shivers
upon thin entwined arms
while wild eyes turn
towards that golden chariot
racing 'cross a hell-red sky
while the sea breaks russet
I tremble upon eternal tides
beneath the light of a troubled sky
seen as I was floating down:
dawns can be heart-breaking
 



What...like, only.......26 more days to go?
Piece a cake!
Seriously..... I will need some cake to celebrate the end of this challenge.