I was worried when I started this challenge that I would be hard-pressed to create a poem each day.

Would inspiration arise each morn and tumble out of its warm cozy nest alongside me?
The fear of every writer ..... that the words will stay tucked away; hidden, just beyond your grasp.

How appropriate for today's prompt.

Today’s prompt comes from Joshua Gray.
Here’s Joshua’s prompt: Write a poem that scares you. It could be a scary movie or ghost story poem. It could be a poem about a secret in your past. It could be a poem about your worst fear. It just needs to bring up a scary/fearful/uncomfortable emotion as you write.



A-Coming Fear

sheltered, I remain
with eyes wide shut
and ears muffled
against an outside force
which threatens to pierce
outside a thousand hooves sound
a pounding approach
This Distant Drumming....
a rhythm beating louder, closer
o'er drowning rivers of blood
and panic-scented sweat
mingling with 
the hot and salty
taste of tears.
This Fear.
That glowing, all knowing, giant orb
from which I cannot hide
It whispers my name:
"It is coming."
reaching in; seeking
breaking walls, and conquering Will.
resigned to my fate --
I hung there.

http://www.nakedpastor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/shelter-in-the-storm.jpg


As if the shivers from that one were not enough:  this one burst forth while I watched my kids play at the indoor playground:


The Thin Blue Line

rain drops bathe
a face with tears
already christened by
this sum of fears.

The haunting march
of a thousand boots
with others remain
in silent salute

The Pipe's Sad Song
leading this band
onward they march -
and On Guard they stand.

A Hero in Life;
though he'd never brag
now the one left behind
clutches a folded flag.


I'll be back......there's some...dust, or something in my eye.

What scares you?