If you were thinking I had skipped another day of my poetry challenge...

 ...you'd be wrong!
Remember,  I said, "defeat is not an option."

I simply leave my poem in the comment sections of the host blog sometimes.    Which is what occurred with Day 20.

So......shuffling on.....


We’re three weeks into this challenge! Today’s prompt comes from Bruce Niedt.

Here’s Bruce’s prompt: Take a random list of five song titles – the source could be a shuffled MP3 playlist, a CD, the next five songs on your favorite radio station, etc.  Use as many of these titles as you can in a poem.

Write poetry AND listen to my iPod?
Is this heaven?


 Thoughts on Shuffle

All I Want To Do
is just be lazy, or
maybe change the world?
I don't know.
Don't ask me right now.
Just toss your wish in the well, or
Call Me, Maybe?
but you know, I'm so sorry:
I might be out -- somewhere
shuffling on, because
I Just Can't Leave It Alone
not hard to believe
when it feels so darn good
but then again,
Everybody Got Their Something
that makes you feel like moving,
to get you in that groove thing
smiling sweet time
like Pure Soul flowing, 
and throwing down
in the dream academy
that sweeps away 
the daily dust of life:
that's all I really wanna do.
 

 If you don't follow me on Monday's Music Moves Me posts, or This Is My Jam, the references might be slightly obscure.

Here are the 5 randoms songs played on my iPod while I cooked dinner tonight:
(click to see the YouTube video)


All I Want To Do, Sugarland

Call Me Maybe, Carly Rae Jepsen
(I am so so sorry....but I linked to the cool Jimmy Falloon video.  You're Welcome.)

 Can't Leave It Alone, The Monophonics

Everybody Got Their Something, Nikka Costa (Blue Crush Soundtrack)

 Pure Soul, Elijah and the Ebonites


Yes. This.
Much better than attempting that glosathingameedoeyhickey thingabmabob poem.

Shuffle on dear readers.

My American readers can take that as a "Oh my word....how much turkey did I eat?" reference if they like.   Just have a Happy Thanksgiving day!!  
Also, this blog accepts all sweet potato leftovers you might not have room in your aching tummy fridge.   Just saying.