Being still fairly new to Monday Music Moves Me, I am not sure if this theme has been done before.
But since today is a Freebie Monday, I get to make my own theme.

Covers.

 Not this kind of cover:

http://blastr.com/assets_c/2009/11/SexyCoversKeanuReevesRollingStone-thumb-330x397-28332.jpg

Although, I cannot deny I want it.
(And yes, he has a band, or did once upon a time, so it is so appropriate.  Don't argue.)

Also, not this:

http://www.workingwithwool.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/cozy-blankets-2874.jpg

Although, would go pretty nice with the first cover too.   Just sayin.
Picnic people!!   I totally meant a picnic.



Photobucket

I mean cover as in a new group does an old song.
I have mixed feelings about covers.   If you really, truly love the song - Hands Off!   Do not mess with perfection.   Ugh --- I hate it when they miss it completely.

But sometimes, a newer version is a great new interpretation.   Then, I love it when they hit the perfect new note.

Here are some of my fave originals and covers.





Version #2:  This is a really fun video:




Great Canadian Musical Icon:




New Canadian Icons:




The band Prince originally wrote this song for actually improved it; at which point he took it back for himself --- but since they never released it, Prince is still the original:




I don't actually think anyone could be better than Prince, but this is a pretty neat version of the song from Maroon 5's latest.   No official video yet.




Head conductor of the Love Train is Marie of XmasDolly & her co-conductors are the lovely: Callie of JAmericanSpice,  Stacy of Stacy Uncorked , Cathy Kennedy's Blog (me), and this month's honorary co-conductor,  Rachel from Because I have!


Do you have a favourite cover song that gets you moving?