Clever title, non?

I know, I know ---- I said I wouldn't be doing the combining of memes again.

I promise you, it's not due to laziness, late nights dealing with content sliders that won't slide your content (that is not a euphemism, that is blogging related), or the cold glass of wine enjoyed during the long soak in bubbles.

My Monday Memes (I do love me some alliteration) are both on the topic of Music today.
Yeah me!    Yes, this is cause for excitement.   Didn't you read above how busy I am?




Anyhoo, for Monday Listicles, our esteemed Listmaster gave us the task of searching Cassie's Foto Friendly Family for this week's inspiration:   A List of 10 Songs






PhotobucketMeanwhile, over at Monday's Music Moves Me:    



Head conductor of the Love Train is Marie of XmasDolly & her co-conductors are the lovely: Callie of JAmericanSpice,  Stacy of Stacy Uncorked , Cathy Kennedy's Blog (me), and this month's honorary co-conductor, Rebecca of Everyday Life.

This week's theme Ashley@ Dr. Pepper Diva suggested, "Music you listened to as a teenager" or if you wish you can keep with our original theme "Bloopers of any kind"


First, a little musical history of the visual variety for you to enhance your listening pleasure.    MTV made it's debut in 1981; I was 10 years old.   A little young yet to be jammin the beats.    The Canadian equivalent, MuchMusic, appeared a few years later in 1984:  Eureka....just in time for those early, angst fuel'd teen years.   But there wasn't really a lot of angst yet --- we were too amazed with the music and the so cool videos flashing before us.

High school years were 1984/85 to 1990 for me.

Please know:  how hard it was to stop at 10.  I will not post all 10 videos.....some I will just provide the link.  Because I know you have better things to do than wait 2.6 minutes for my blog to load.
You're welcome.

Get your dancing shoes on readers.... ima gon' let da beat drop now.

1.  A-ha:  Take On Me (1985)   Um, hello gorgeous....and WOW.   Still one of the coolest videos ever.




2.  Duran Duran -  The Reflex (1984):   Another amazing video that was shot at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, Ontario Canada - HOLLA!!
Also, I still love you John Taylor.




Ok, perhaps "the wave" appears a bit dated now - but back then, it freaked our freak!!

3.  Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer (1986) - the most played video in MTV history.   It's easy to see why the video was so ground-breaking, but I actual don't like the song very much - but you can View it HERE.

4.  U2 - Where The Streets Have No Name (1987) - Significant because they filmed it on a rooftop in LA that was famously busted by local LAPD.   But I also because I saw them in concert!   I think I have played it on 4M before, so dance on over here view.

5. UB40 - Red, Red Wine (1984) -  This one was a sure thing to get everyone up and off the gym walls at high school dances.   Did you know it was originally done by Neil Diamond?   Also, red wine.  So, there you go.




6.  Beastie Boys - (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (to party) (1987) -  THE party anthem of my youth.  But the irony is, Adam Yauch (RIP sigh) intended the song as a parody of all the rap party videos. 

See the original HERE   (can you spot LL Cool J?)
If you got 30 spare minutes, watch the 2011 Revisited version HERE and see how many celebs you can spot.

7.  Tragically Hip - New Orleans is Sinking (1989) - I realize this one now seems in bad taste.   Radio Stations actually stopped playing it temporarily in 2005 due to the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina.   However, they are from my hometown of Kingston, Ontario and they played quite a few of our high school dances.   We booed them.   But they grew on us.  Then we made them famous.   You're welcome Hip.    CLIP HERE.


8.  Dire Straits - Money for Nothing (1985) - Famous for the Sting falsetto vocals and the "I want my MTV" chant.   Odds were pretty good they were gonna make any Top Ten that way.

I couldn't find the official video, but you can check out that awesome guitar riff live HERE.

9.  Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven (1971) :  OK, so obviously earlier than my high school years - this is actually my year of birth.   So how amazing is it that this song was the last song played at every public, high school dance.....not to mention quite a few Frat Keggers.   So I heard.   That's amazing longevity.     Or is this just a Canadian thing?

Clearly I won't post the video since the song is over 8 minutes long.   Grab another coffee, or grab your sweetheart, lower the lights and Enjoy it Live.

10.  Which brings us to 1990 - my last year of high school.   It was memorable, and so was some of the music; but not necessarily for the right reasons.   Remember Vanilla Ice?  Or worse, that Milli Vanilli scandal?    Oh yes.....that reminds me of another.

Hold on folks......your about to get "rickrolled"




Remember all.....play it LOUD.


Coming up Next:   Tuesday Coffee Chat returns tomorrow!   Come back with your best Tips, link up and share your wisdom!


warm wishes sign