It was 8 years ago today that something amazing happened.

I didn't throat punch the nurse who had to try 18 times to get the IV hook up in my arm, while simultaneously trying not to pee all over myself as another contraction gripped me for a full 30 seconds; exactly 90 seconds after the last one gripped me.

Perhaps the birth of your first child was a little more wondrous.    But me?  I was strapped to a gurney after hearing words like "baby compromised" and "break the collarbone"; immobile thanks to the spinal drip so that I did not feel the small bag of ice dropped upon my chest, whilst also watching a roll of duct tape sail over my head.

Speaking of sailing - that's exactly what my OB surgeon was talking about on the other side of the curtain.   Or maybe the end of sailing since it was September - I'm not really sure - distracted as I was by ice and duct tape.   I do vaguely remember groaning that I felt sick and the anesthesiologist replied, "okay, saying yes to drugs," and pushed a needle into the IV bag.

And then I might have told him that I loved him, because all was glorious.  And honestly....he was the only one who truly understood me in those moments.

And then there was some tugging and pulling, and suction sounds followed by a cry.......and a perfect arc of pee sailed over the operating table.

"It's a Boy"

No sh&t doc....because if that was my daughter that did that, we either have a problem, or she's like amazingly talented already.

And just like that:  I was a mom.
And completely, head over heels in love.

Monkey Boy loves to hear the story of his birth.   Well, actually he just waits patiently for the part about when he peed all over the place, but still; it's a fun walk down memory lane.

I didn't get the perfect birthing plan I had painstakingly created, but I did get my perfectly healthy baby boy.  And that was all that mattered in the end.

Happy 8th Birthday Monkey Boy -- May The Force Always Be With You


Photobucket

On to our 4 Fill In Questions for this week.  This week’s co-host is Ali from Daughter-in-Law Diaries - she came up with the last two statements!

I would LOVE it if you could please help me spread the word about this hop…. So, please tweet, FaceBook share, and add the linky to your post…


1.    When I was little I was called "Bug" by an Aunt.  She taught me to ride horses - was I going to argue or complain?

2.    Skittles, sour patch kids, chocolate covered almonds, yogurt covered raisins, and Swedish berries all mixed together are my favorite candy.   Seriously people - do it right, do it Big.

3. If I could have one magical power it would be..... is flying considered a magical power?   Because that would be cool.   If not, then Telekinesis would be pretty cool.

4. If I could go back to school it would be to become ....I am torn between a Physical Education Teacher because I was always good at sports and I wanted to be a teacher originally, so um Duh! why didn't I think of that then!?   Or, obviously a writer, journalist, Editor....something that will pay me to do what I love!


A little photo montage I made for my firstborn:

   

                                           


Have a great weekend all!