I missed linking up with Bits of Bee last week.

Last week when I lived in a world where I imagined consistent and reliable Internet service.

If you dream it.......it will come.    I promise.


And a nice little segue into one of my favourite quotes from Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862).

What?   You have never read Walden?
Surely you jest!
Really......have you been a hermit hiding in a log cabin in the woods or something?  *snort*



wordsoverpixels.com

This quote hits home with me everyday.    In my world as a Stay at Home Mom immersed in the land of the little people -- imagination is not only crucial to fun; it's a survival tactic.    You will receive no greater lesson or instruction in this than by simply watching children play.    And I try to not interfere too much and just Let Them Play.

Children have that wonderful, awe inspiring sense of the "Now";  just being in the moment.   To live with such abandon and wonder within whatever context they may be placed.    Whether Monkey Boy is recreating Star Wars, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings with his Lego.   Or Angel Girl is playing with Barbie, or Strawberry Shortcake dolls.

Or, as is more likely around here, some odd and highly amusing Star Wars vs. Barbie mash up is unfolding in our rec room:   it is marvelous to sit back and watch the story unfold.

Cheapest theatre tickets ever folks.

I didn't even have to get out of my pj's.

Course, I totally imagined myself on a red carpet styled to the nines and with a handsome young thing on my arm.    

That's the beauty of imagination:  it can take you wherever you want to go.  
No matter how old, boring or frumpy your reality may have become.

P.S  What do you think of the new header pic?   I can totally imagine myself doing this.  Daily.

 warm wishes sign