The dreaded and vile summer cold has been waging war on our home this past week. One by one we have all fallen victim to its' sore throat, aching body, hacking coughing and watery eyed menace.  

It's hardest on Zoo Zoo because at 2 1/2 years, there isn't available cough medicine (at least in Canada...not sure if you have better dealers pharmacy's in the USA?)

And you wouldn't want to just halve the dose you'd give the 5 year old;  that would be unsafe.
Nay, Nay. 
Especially after barely surviving your 3rd night of numerous bedside visits after been yanked from half-breath'd slumber to the cries of "mama, mama, MAMA!"    Only to arrive and have the pitifully hoarse whine change to "want dada, want my dada!"   Fickle lil thing. 

 No, no - you certainly wouldn't force that pink bubble gum flavoured syrup down her throat while softly singing "Hush Little Baby."    Ahem.

Or, perhaps you're just a better, or more cautious parent than I.
Or, well rested.
Likely that.

Anyhoo....Life:  it does go on, doesn't it?
And we are still doing our best to enjoy this godawful heat wave and will rain ever fall from the sky again? lovely hot summer weather.   

I"ll even show you my work:

can you see the sprinkler action at the front? 



Nothing beats a cool milkshake in an A/C blasted restaurant on a lunch date with daddy!

No, I don't know why the hat is backwards.  At least it's not to the side...agh!  hate that.




Photobucket




Each week, Hilary lists four statements with a blank for you to fill in on your own blogs.  This week’s co-host is Annie from the Lemon Drop (She came up with the last two statements)

Spread the word:  please tweet, FaceBook share, and add the linky to your post…

 
 This week’s statements:

1.    My day always starts by getting my coffee and warm chocolate milk for the kiddos.    Don't knock it: if they have warm beverage to enjoy.....they will let you enjoy semi-warm beverage.  *eye roll*

2.   I prefer beach to pool.   Always.  (Like I have either to make the choice a reality.)

3.   I never thought I’d enjoy computers until I got sucked leaped into the world of blogging and other social media.    The Dark Side, meh - it's not so bad.  :)

4.    I wish I could get a decent nights' sleep for one, just ONE, damn night!!

    
Sorry about that.  I didn't mean to yell.    I'm just so so so tired.    I seriously don't think I have woke up feeling well rested in...well since....??

Left Brain - how old is Monkey Boy?

7 1/2 - why?

No reason.   Go back to the Tour de France honey.

7 1/2 years!    Of poor sleep.
Good Gracious.   That's gotta be some kind of record?!

Meh...just leave my award on the bedside table.  
I'll get it with my coffee in the morning.


 warm wishes sign