While watching my children indulge in a rather dizzy game of "run and chase" the other day, I was quite dismayed to hear the following convo flying as fast as their little feet:

- I got you!  Stop - I got you!
- no, you missed me
- did not - I got you!!
- uh-uh, you didn't tag me

naturally ending with the inevitable:

- I don't want to play with you anymore
and
- so what, I don't even care!

Nice comeback Angel Girl, but I think Mama is having the last word on this one.  Let me explain a little concept my wee ones - it's called Backyard Rules.  
My backyard - my rules.
Mama says, Everyone take 15 minutes in their rooms.   And don't even think about pretending you're not caught.
 
 As I sat there in the relative peace and quiet of Saturday afternoon suburbia (does everyone need to mow their lawn at the exact same frickin time?), it occurred to me that something may have slipped my mind.   Some nagging tidbit about my own lack of fair play perhaps?

Eureka, and Oh Crap!   I had been caught --- yet continued on about my merry business in utter lack of respect for all things fair and righteous concerning the game of Tag.    This time I have been tagged by Jodi at Rants and Rascals  - most humble apologies.    I'd put myself in Time Out, except, I have work to do.    Do go visit Jodi at her fantastic site.

The Rules, of course:

1.   Tell 11 Things About Yourself
2.   Tag 11 other people and ask them 11 questions.
3.   Let them know you have tagged them.
4.  Don't tag someone previously tagged.


Right, so get your coffee, wine, chocolate bunny ears...whatev.    You know these things take time.

 11 More Things About Me

1.  Not sure if I have confessed this before:  I have a tattoo.   It's very low on my hip.  Low enough to mean there will be no accompanying pic.    It's a blue rose and maple leaf entwined:  Love & Country y'all!
2.  It hurt like a son @##%$.    Nothing like needle on pelvic bone to test your sober mettle.
3.  I would totally do it again.   But what?   Suggestions?
4.  I 'm a dirty girl.
      Easy....down boys (do any boys visit here?)

I mean this kind of dirty: first blooms in my garden.   A smaller transplanted Lungwort.


 5.  My most creative hours seem to be between 10 pm and 1 am.   Which is fantastically romantic as the idealized picture of a writer's life.    As a SAHM of 3?   Cruel and unusual punishment.
6.   In my ideal world...no one would talk to me before 10 am and 2 cups of coffee.  Waking up is hard.
7.  Zoo just ran over and gave me the biggest hug.    Toddler hugs are the best.
8.  Then she licked my face.  Toddler germs are the worst.
9.   I have no interest in adrenaline rush adventures such as mountain climbing or bungee jumping.   Climb a 100 foot silo?   Swing out a hayloft window?   Bull riding?  All in a day's play for the average 9 year old girl on the farm.
10.   I would absolutely love to go on a white water rafting adventure though.
11.   I can swim.  (seemed relative)




Here are Jodi's Questions:

What do you love most about blogging?
I believe that has already been answered best in the place I Ponder and Choose

What do you love least about blogging?
I can't say there is anything I dislike immensely.   Word verification is a pain, but I can tolerate it if I love the blog.    No serious writer's block yet.  No negative comments.
I can feel the love all - thanks.

What’s the worst thing ever to happen to you as a blogger? 
Nothing bad has happened to me thus far.  Except my computer breaking down for a week.  But online has been all good.  You are awesome!

 What’s the best thing ever to happen to you as a blogger? 
 Without a doubt the online connections I have made.  Again, you are awesome!

 What is your fondest childhood memory? 
Besides silos and haylofts?   Well, summers on my grandparents farm, running amuck all day with various cousins, riding horses, eating carrots right out of the garden --- it doesn't get any better than that.  

When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?
Is cowgirl too obvious?
And Shaun Cassidy's wife.   Cause, ya know....it's good to have a back up dream just in case the first one fails.

What’s your favorite quote and why? 
You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
—Gandhi
Why?   It's truth, plain and simple.   Don't just complain.  Do something worth while.

What is your favorite all time song? 
Oh my, that's like picking a favourite child.   I love music and my iPod has so many different musical genres it's could be diagnosed with Multiple Musical Personality Disorder.   A bit of a jambalaya you might say -- which suits me just fine.

How 'bout some Nina Simone to get ya Feeling Good?
A little Buckwheat Zydeco get ya humming Tee Nah Nah

What’s your favorite movie?
Another impossibility.   It's a pretty sure thing I will never tire of watching Breakfast at Tiffany's, Charlie Chaplin,  It's  A Wonderful Life, or Lord of the Rings.


If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and who would you take?
Easy one:  Australia and New Zealand
I know that's technically 2 places....but since I am already there and it's a long flight from Ontario, cut me some slack, OK?   And obviously, I'm taking the family.   Let's pretend there's any choice in the matter.


 Here are my questions for those I have tagged:

1.   Oreo cookies:  are you a milk dipper or pull them apart and lick the creme inside?
2.   beach or pool?
3.  What's your freak talent?
4.  What's in your bag? 
5.  You are a closet _______  fan?
6.  Who is the celebrity you would most like to meet and why?
7.  Can you put your mascara on with your mouth closed?  (boys, if you are here...pick a substitute)
8.  Last thing you bought.
9.  The best part of waking up is _____?
10.  You have one phone call - who ya gonna call?
11.  What is your favourite thing about the opposite sex?


Okay, here we go!

The following people......  You're It!

Meg at Adventures as a Small Town Mom
Susi at Boca Frau
Bruna at Bees With Honey
Bianca at Bits of Bee
Beth: A Work in Progress
Natalie at From Corporate to Domestic
Kerry at It's the Little Things
Jennifer at Just Another Day
Tami at Not Just a Hockey Mom
my cousin Paul at The Ossington Kitchen
my other cousin at Tried, Tested and True Mommy


Congratulations: this is the end of this post.
You're welcome.
 warm wishes sign