I know...you're shaking your head at us crazy Canucks prancing around in tshirts and tank tops because the thermometer has reached double digits.  What fools we must seem to appear out of doors in March dressed thus.

Oh, don't worry about me - I have lived here long.   I know Mother Nature is a prankish lass.
Rest assured: winter boats, hats, mitts and coats are all waiting by the front door.

Welcome to the land of 12 different seasons within a 24 hour period.
And still, celebrate Spring I shall.



A Spring Haiku in several stanzas

the tender shoots have
raised shivering heads seeking
Springs' sun warm promise

I, with winter's haze
slowly fades to soft green hues
do humbly follow

the rhythm of rake
measured by notes of bird-song
and sun warmed leaves dance

the change in the wind
bringing the new scents of Spring
lifting my eyes;  Breathe. 


And I suppose this is what I deserve for letting the kids take over Monday Listicles this week.   Now they want to get all up in my poetic business too.  
There'll be no living with them now.
Monkey Boy's contribution (it might sound familiar to some)

Spring has sprung;
The grass has ris.
I wonder where
The birdie is?

There he is
In the sky.
He dropped some
Whitewash in my eye!
I am no sissy;
I won't cry.
I'm just glad
The cows can't fly!


Share your own thoughts of Spring at these great blogs: 



Poetry Workshop


warm wishes sign