Welcome to Coffee Chat!

Most sincere thanks to everyone who linked up, or left a comment last week.   I know it was a serious topic, and one that no doubt gave rise to strong emotions for all parents: whether you agreed or not.   I think the best summation is that even though we all do things differently and are entitled to make decisions that are best for our own families - without judgement - we should also be mindful to commit ourselves to thoughts and deeds that raise one another up.  And not tear down.

So, on to lighter fare this week.   Got laughs?

Once my children knew that I put the call out for funny things on my chat, well, let's just say no ancient or modern manned (or snow covered) fort could have saved me from the barrage of  Knock, Knock Jokes.

Angel's Girl fave (and one day I pray she will get it right):

Knock, Knock
Who's There?
Cow go.
Cow go who?
No!  Cow go Moo!

Imagine my surprise to learn that there are also Name Knock, Knock Jokes.  With a name like "Les", I have more than a few attributed to my moniker.    Find Your Knock Name Joke

Naturally, Monkey Boy was not to be left out, however, his current obsession is updated versions of the chicken and the road:

Why did the dinosaur cross the road?
I don't know.
Because the chicken joke hadn't been invented yet.

 As most of you know, I have been battling this awful cold for what seems like...Forever.     Just when I think I am finally better and can take a full breath, or smell a poopy diaper - wham!   One of the kids' kisses me and  "oops, they did it again!"

Little germ magnets.    Who let them go to school anyway?

So despite my abiding affinity for what I consider the best joke ever to tell:  Let's have some Fun with Phonics and go meet Archibald Bareassol (just text, but still NSFK!  If you want video, search John Fox on YouTube.)

But what really, really has made me laugh through all the hacking, wheezing, sneezing, watery, itchy, red-eye, stuffed up and not resting well week, is just being grateful that it's a only a wee cold.

Gosh, it's not like I caught The Man Cold or anything!




What tickles your funny bone?




UPDATE:   Next Week -  Beauty.   Is it still in the Eye of the Beholder? 


warm wishes sign