And to my fellow Canucks, Happy Family Day!
We have had quite a busy weekend: a date day/night for me and Left Brain (Sherlock Holmes won at the theatre, but was fantastic!), a Grande Chai Latte at Starbucks where I actually finished a book (was amazing Brenda, on to the sequel!); the kids had lots of time with grandma and grandpa. Sunday we left one napping toddler with grandparents and took the older 2 for a lovely afternoon with some friends from our church. Today? Recovery!
Although, with most people off work and kids out of school, I am sure some spontaneous fun will abound.
Sounds like a weekend that answers the question Wendy at Twisted Domestic Goddess has posed:
10 things I would rather do than clean the house!
You know, it is not that I hate the cleaning so much. If I can blast some music and have no time limit - I really could clean all day. I mean, I used to clean stables and barns: believe me, my house is not that bad. What I hate is cleaning the house while the 3 tornadoes currently residing here could suddenly decide it's time for another trip somewhere over the rainbow. The resulting path of destruction left in their wake - well, it can take me from Glinda the Good to Wicked of the West in a heartbeat!
Seriously, cleaning the house while the children still live here, is like shovelling your driveway in the middle of a blizzard. Just.No.Point.
1. Blog - um , the obvious answer out of the way.
2. Interview others I can hire to clean my house. Named Raoul and very tanned.
3. Catch up on some smut reading. Seriously, this Snooki lass - I am so out of the loop.
4. Finally complete those chore charts I have been meaning to get to.
5. File under gross contradiction: Garden. Yes, play in the dirt, to avoid the dirt.
6. Walk around all day in a French Maid costume. What? Who said that? Left Brain.....get your own blog!
7. Grant the wishes of a certain List Master: will a pic with Gerard playing with his sword suffice?
8. What the heck were we talking about???
9. Oh does remind me of something: shave my legs. At this point, it would be a chore in of itself.
10. Find funny and completely appropriate pictures on Google.
In the spirit of the list, I am off to make a mess and NOT clean it.