The lovely Bruna from, Bees With Honey, has given us a most excellent assignment this week:


“If they were to make a movie of your life what would the soundtrack be like? Share 10 songs that best tell the story of your life. Be sure to include the period or event that each song represents”.

This is going to be one ecclectic list!


Baby, Baby

Naturally this time is most likely dominated by such classic tunes as:

1.  Hush Little Baby
2.  Itsy Bitsy Spider
3.  Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

The Early Years

Asserting my independence, and singing it loud and clear:

4.  God Told Noah To Build and Arky-Arky
5. Let Your Love Flow - Bellamy Brothers   (very cool version HERE - so awesome!)
6.  Da Doo Ron Ron, Shaun Cassidy

Okay, fine, I had an entire album that was wore thin from constant playing.  I saw him Live at the Ottawa Ex....I even met him.  Dreams were set to flight.   God Bless YouTube for reuniting a girl with her first celebrity crush!
What?  He's totally cute.




And yes, before you ask, The Hardy Boys was my favourite show.

The Teen/Young Adult Years

7 - 8.   Insert any loud, obnoxious, sure to make even the dog back out of the room, song here.   Or hip-hop, rave-fueled dance anthem.    Because naturally, this is the time when you are "finding yourself", and discovering your musical identity.   At any given time you might have heard U2, Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, John Denver, Cat Stevens, Garth Brooks, New Kids on the Block, Amy Grant, Styper, Petra, Sandi Patti,  INXS, The Cure, or Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch blaring from the stereo.  Unless I was using my Walkman (yeah, I am that old.)

Guess I must narrow the selection down, thus for Teen years have to go with U2, and one song simply won't suffice because the album of the decade was hands-down, The Joshua Tree.

The other song that simple won't leave my head, due to an unforgetable 21st birthday, George Michael's, Freedom '90.  

Parent with Young Children

9 -10   So it's interesting how life often comes full circle, isn't it?   Thus I find myself back in the musical univerese of the Little People......meaning this:


and this:

they do a great Live Show.....will give them that.
And who could ever get this catchy number out of their head:




At least they're cute.  What?  The dalmation puppies, of course ;)

But, you know, with music, it is always best to start with the very beginning.
It's a very good place to start.
And if you were around for last weeks' list, you know in my heart of musical hearts, I want to be here before my soundtrack fades to black.




What's playing in your head?
warm wishes sign