If you are looking for me this weekend, I am not here.

{Well, I am visiting Germaine in  Malaysia for a spell. }

But otherwise, this weekend Left Brain and I are HERE.

"Oh, I didn't know you and Left Brain were having troubles," you say.

Nope.  No troubles. 
Well, I mean, he's a man, which does mean I totally want to strangle him sometimes.   Seriously, why doesn't the toilet paper roll come with 1, 2, 3 step replacement instruction?   Then everyone in the house would know what mom knows.  It would cease to be my sole responsibility for the Rest.Of.My.Days!

But I digress.  
From the Love and Respect website:

We believe love best motivates a woman and respect most powerfully motivates a man. Research reveals that during marital conflict a husband most often reacts when feeling disrespected and a wife reacts when feeling unloved.  We asked 7,000 people this question: when you are in a conflict with your spouse or significant other, do you feel unloved or disrespected?  83% of the men said "disrespected."  72% of the women said, "unloved."  Though we all need love and respect equally, the felt need differs during conflict, and this difference is as different as pink is from blue!


If you ask most couples who have been happily married for many, many years, I am sure most would answer that effective communication is key.   Oh sure: love, commitment, faithfulness, marrying your best friend -- I am certain they are also high on the list.   But if you can't talk to your partner, or worse, don't want to:  honoring them, yourself, your marriage might prove difficult.

So, even though Left Brain and I are not experiencing any sort of trouble, at this time, it can never hurt to put the time and effort into your marriage: as you would anything else you cherished. 
(sure LB would insert something about online activities here. HA)  And since Law Enforcement families have an especially high rate of divorce (like 87%), well.....it's just another tool in your marital toolbox!  

Thus, you will have to pardon my silence this weekend.  I will return and share whatever new-found wisdom with my readers.   If you are the praying sort, please take a moment to say a prayer over the conference: the speakers, the attendees.   As there will be some couples there who are at that critical crossroads in their union.   God loves, and lives to restore relationships! 

Have a great weekend everyone!

live signature