Pumpkins

When you see me in the field,
My orange glowing in the sun,
It's time to say good-bye to summer -
and hello to Autumn fun!
(author unknown)

Today was our annual trip to the local pumpkin patch!  I love doing things like this with my children.  Taking them to where the pumpkins actually grow, and having them meet the farmers who work the fields.   I hope it reminds them to remember their roots. 

And oh yes, there be pics.

at the farm - the pumpkins are already picked and in the shelter
Inside - take your pick!


a pleasant surprise - wild raspberries growing outside!
Okay, how about a little break from the pictures?


Q: What did the jack-o-lantern need for it's boo-boo?

A: A pumpkin patch.

Then it's back home to set up the display.  I also bought some of the gorgeous potted moms.  They will go right into my gardens after Halloween.

Monkey Boy - ignore the fresh baked cookie in his hand

Angel Girl - monkey see, monkey part deux

love these decorations from the dollar store!

I also bought some smaller pumpkins and gourds, and we dug out the glue gun and some craft supplies.    The turkey one is a Thanksgiving leftover....it was made with a big ole ball of play-doh and some feathers. 

Aren't they cute?  
Now before you get to thinking I am all Martha Stewart and stuff......you will notice that one lil pumpkin is still very much.....au naturel.    Monkey Boy wants it to look like a Pokemon!  WTH?
Okay, listen:  I will sacrifice a few digit-tips to hot glue and put some wiggly eyes and pom-poms on....but I draw the line at Japanese Animation replications.




Bet he wishes I was this mom.     

 Alas, nay nay.
I'm the mom that made cookies to distract him.




And for those of you who prefer the kitchen to the craft aisle, here you go.

EASY CREAM CHEESE PUMPKIN PIE
Printed from COOKS.COM

1 small can (15oz) pumpkin pie filling
1 pkg soft (8oz) Philly cream cheese
1 large tub Cool Whip
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 deep 9" graham cracker pie crusts
(wafer or ginger snap may be substituted)
cinnamon (to sprinkle on top)
Ready Whip (for serving)

Combine pumpkin, cream cheese, and spice in mixer until well blended. Fold into Cool Whip gently, so that it stays fluffy.

Spoon into pie shells. Crust should be well filled.

Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

To serve, top with Ready Whip and a light sprinkling of cinnamon for the perfect finishing touch.

Happy Pumpkin picking!


live signature