As far as Mondays go....can't really complain: especially since I am late to posting NOT due to the chaos of home and children.  Well, sort of.  Oh yes, there is laundry that must be done. The cupboard is bare, despite Left Brain being home all weekend alone....guess he got used to eating alone and forgot about the rest of us. (although big Props for the nice steak dinner he made for our return at Monkey Boy's request. hey, I give credit when it is due...)  Where was I?

Oh yes, sorry.  I'm a bit foggy......must have gotten too much sleep this morning:  since I didn't get out of bed until after 11 am!!!  
That's right.   I let the coffee Left Brain brought me at 9 am grow cold, untouched (that wasn't so easy actually), and stayed in bed.   Now don't hate me too much.  While it was true that I stayed all comfy under the covers while LB wrangled the children, I didn't really sleep much.   You see, he has no problem sleeping when they run amuck-amuck-amuck throughout the house; as a shift worker, he is used to it and can tune it all out.  Believe Me - You would not believe what he can tune out.  I kinda admire it, kinda want to hit him over the head for it, ya know?   So while I lay there, listening to the yelling, running, fighting, begging, demanding, crying and tried to go back to sleep, 2 questions kept nagging my brain:
1)  This is pointless, they can't be quiet ever - should I just get up?
and 2) can you really impart wisdom through use of a iron skillet applied to the back of the head?  Because I am willing to try and have an available test subject.

And just when I thought I couldn't take it anymore, despite being so tired I thought he might actually have to pull me out of the bed, I heard those words every mom dreams of hearing, the ones that give you strength to carry on.......or bury back under the covers in this case:

"alright..everyone outside!"

I am not sure, but I may have heard angels singing as I finally, and finely drifted back to dreamland.

And now here I am after a nice shower, a quick trip to the grocery store, a napping baby and fresh, HOT cup of coffee......catching up with you fine folks.  And while a day at the spa, or out with some friends might have been more enjoyable, as a busy mom I know, sometimes you just have to take what you can get.

So how has your week started?








Coffee Chat Reminder

Tomorrow will be my Tuesday Coffee Chat and I will be discussing my current read, The Naked Mom by Brooke Burke.   I wasn't sure about this book, Hollywood mama and all, but so far I am really enjoying it.
Would love to know what's on your book shelf!