So right now I am actually at the family cottage near Pembroke, Ontario for our reunion. My step-father's family has been holding this reunion every year on the August long weekend (Canadian holiday) for over 60 years!! Amazing.

Welcome to Round Lake!
any wonder we keep going back?
 When my mom and he were first married, I inherited 4 step-brothers and 1 step-sister and we used to camp at Bonnechere Provinical Park (or my late uncle Merril's front lawn!) on this weekend.   There are so many great memories.    Family BBQ on Friday night, followed by a walk to the local ice cream factory for ginormous cones (is there any other kind, really?), golfing and shopping on Saturday, another BBQ usually on Saturday night, then Sunday afternoon to evening: the big reunion.   Everyone is welcome to come for the whole weekend, or just the reunion on Sunday.   And good luck getting a hotel room in Pembroke that weekend! LOL. 

In addition to all the great fun and great food to be enjoyed this weekend, the impression I always leave with is this:  what a great family tradition.   I can think of no better way to demonstrate that Family Matters; than to continue this commitment year after a year.   What a solid, loving foundation for my children to grow up surrounded by.   Legacy.     

And that my blog friends is your Tuesday Coffee Chat prompt :  Family Matters/Legacy
SNEAK PEEK
Come on back next Tuesday (Aug. 2nd) for my thoughts on how family matters, and how grateful I am for the legacy left to me.    Prepare a post on your thoughts regarding how family matters, the legacy bestowed to you -- or the one you hope to pass on.   Come on back, grab the Coffee Chat button on the sidebar, and I will have the link up for you to share your post.  

God Bless and hope to have coffee with you on Tuesday!