I cannot believe it is Thursday night already!
It's been a very busy week....but you'll hear all about that in weekend posts.
I am currently being swallowed whole by laundry, so better get right to this week's 5 questions, courtesy of Mama M.




1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.)
Boy...this is reaching far back in my memory.  I guess I must have learned it at some point.  Not that you could tell by the chicken scrawl I use currently.  I cannot even be bothered to put effort into signing my name anymore.   I blame all the typing on a keyboard - I think my hand has actually forgotten HOW to write.   Or I should have been a Doctor.

But you know, I use to have pen pals, many moons ago.  And before I learned the bloggy ropes, I did keep a journal.  Now that I think about it, I do kind of miss putting pen to paper.   And how lovely is it to receive a note in some one's personal hand-writing.   So I will vote keep it in the curriculum.  


2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?
 It's all stored in the old noggin baby!

Mostly because I forget to write things down on that handy "Mommy's Great Big Family Calendar" hanging conveniently in the kitchen.  Assuming one could decipher my writing, if I HAD written anything.   By the time I figured out how to use the smart phone - assuming someone will buy me one - I could have written down on the calendar.

3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe)
I feel this could be a trick question.  I mean, I would have to be the one to get my kids to safety - all 3 of them - and you are not supposed to go back in the house, right? (Sorry little goldfish.)   It also depends on whether said 3 children exit the house with favourite blankie and stuffie that they will not go to sleep without....because I am totally leaping through flames to get that stuff. 

That aside, there is probably nothing I would risk going back for.  Seriously.   It all can be replaced.  Sure there are sentimental things like pictures - but it's not like I will forget my high school graduation, wedding day, and children anytime soon.   It would be devastating to lose one of the tea cups and saucers passed to me from my late Grandma Bea.  But I carry all those memories with me, wherever I go.  Everything else is just stuff, and so not worth them losing their mama.

4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?
I love to visit the city, but I have discovered, I am definitely country: through and through.  
It's the traffic.  I can't stand it.  If I had to live in the big city again, I swear I would become a blogging hermit!  Just because I couldn't stand to drive anywhere. 
Oh, don't even get me started on the crowded buses - where no one even has the common decency to give up their seat to a hugely pregnant woman! 


5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?
I am tempted to say Survivor, but I think that is because the idea of quickly losing 15 pounds really appeals to me.   But I am just not that conniving, so I wouldn't probably be around long enough to meet my weight loss goals.   Thus, one of the weight loss shows does seem to make more sense, doesn't it?  Nay, nay.   No exotic locale.   So I think I will have to go with House Hunters International because a) exotic locale, check; and b) if I am on that show, it means I now have enough money to either hire a personal trainer, or get a tummy tuck.  

Note to Left Brain:  You thought I'd say Man vs. Wild, didn't ya?  :)
Well, I cannot deny that would be thrilling.  Brilliant actually.  Exotic locale too.  But even Bear Grylls couldn't get me to eat slugs, grubs, snakes, or raw fish to lose a few pounds.

There you have it.
Some little known facts about me.