It's been a long week of tree cutting, gardening, soccer, field trips, parties, grocery shopping.....and to end it all I get to spend Friday night doing laundry and packing for a weekend away.   No rest for the wicked weary.

So let's get right to it.   Hop on over and join in.



1. What is your favorite summer time activity?
Before Kids:   hanging out at the beach.  Like. All. Day. Long.  All you need is some great magazines/books, ipod, picnic basket, bottle of sun tan lotion, hat, swimsuit/towel and you're good to go.   I can bake forever.  I'll lie like broccoli till the stars shine.   And that only means bonfire time.  And I've visited some great beaches.  West Coast, East Coast, Grand Bend, Wasaga, Picton, Jamaica, Cuba, Mexico, Florida..... never met a beach I didn't like.

After kids:   I don't exactly love taking my kids to the beach.  They can ruin the whole "hang ten dude, chill out" vibe.   Although, nothing entertains them for hours like water and sand, but it is a heck of a lot of work just getting out the door.   Watching 3 children around water is not the most relaxing past-time for a parent. 

Nay, nay....us.. we're all kinds of brave....we camp.  Because setting up a huge family tent, a kitchen shelter and 40 feet of tarp is SO much easier than a day trip to the beach!


2. Do you have one laundry soap you stick to, or do you buy whatever on sale?
I will buy what's on sale usually.......but I try very hard to stick with "greener" detergents.   Although my son must have secretly purchased stock in Tide ActiLift because he insists it's the best at getting out all kinds of dirt and stains...even tough ones like blood, mom.   And...Cut. End scene.

3. What is your favorite dinner to make in the summer?
Nothing beats a great steak grilled to perfection, a baked potato and some corn on the cob.
The only thing that can top this......if you have fresh lobster too.

4. Do you have any talents?
Aren't you reading this?  LOL
I laugh...but this may be it.   And I'm okay with that.

(Although I did do quite a bit of sports in school, but that is hard to recall with this post 3 baby, 3 C Section body.   If I can continue getting to the gym a couple of times per week.....it may remember it used to move with a fair degree of speed, grace and agility.)


5. If you could instantly be an expert in something, what would it be? Why?
I wish that I could say something inspirational and altruistic like curing diseases, fighting hunger, or championing human rights.....but that wouldn't be honest.   I mean, of course those things are all great and who wouldn't want to be the one to discover the cure for cancer.  Right?  Except, that isn't the first thing that popped into my mind.
No, the first thing I thought of was Design.  As in Interior Design, Landscaping, Architecture.  Something along those lines.  I am assuming that since my body is no longer creating life, I must need to express my creativity, or immortality in other ways.  
Or, I just like pretty things.
And spending money.....other people's money.

A little more about me.  Have a great weekend all!