Here we go again.
Monday, do you have to be so cruel?
Why can't you just let us ease into the busy week?
No, ya gotta go givin us a good smack-down of reality! You could at least serve it with a side of hot coffee and a bagel. If it's not asking too much.  But nooo....I wake up to freezing rain, which I now have to take all 3 kids out in to get Monkey Boy to bus.   And guess who drops a bomb half way into her rainsuit? (no, mommy was not that frustrated.)   Left Brain gone all morning - but for good thing: he is doing presentation on bike safety at MB's school.

"But it's your day off....which means it's mine....don't leave me alone, with them!"
My pleas fall on deaf ears. 

Who am I kidding? Monday is really just another day; as a SAHM, they're all busy days! The weekends are not for sleeping in, relaxing, refreshing one's batteries.   There's no sleeping in really, although God Bless Left Brain, he tried.  Once they are all up and running around, who could sleep?   When do they learn the value of sleeping in anyway?  I hear stories of moms having to shake their kids awake for school.  Not mine.  Crack of light filters through the curtains - they bolt awake like they were shot from a cannon straight outta dreamland. 

Pause.  Breathe.  Centre.
What was the Pastor's message yesterday?  Geesh, and you talk about the kids' not listening.
Oh yeah:

Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly. 
Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message)

"Learn the unforced rhythms of grace."  I love that.
But Oh Lord......help me live it!

And since laughter is often the best medecine: