It's Friday again!
Today I am cleaning the house in preparation for Angel Girls' birthday party tomorrow. Yes, where it will no doubt be destroyed by several 3-5 year olds in minutes flat. Really, why do we bother?  Will anyone really notice, i.e blame the wife/mother for the mess?  It's that same hand-down guilt wisdom that has me ensuring I have clean underwear on before leaving the house.

But today, I say, play first, clean later. Whatcha waiting for? Link Up:




1. What is your favorite sign of spring?
     My farmer genes get all twitterpated when I tour my gardens, peek under the piles of leaves carefully placed in Fall, and see.....a tiny green shoot reaching up to the sun!  It amazes me that some plants still have a faded bloom clinging to their tips; just waiting for that first hint of spring air to awaken and restore them.  After the harsh cold Canadian winter, nothing warms me faster than watching my garden come to life.

2. What was your best birthday ever?
   I am not exactly sure if I can say it was the best in every way, but it is definitely the one which will never, ever be forgotten: my 21st.  I attended university in London, Ontario, and a certain border was not far away.  There were certain clubs, where you had to be 21 to enter.  And bring lots of paper with George Washington's face on it.   Now, in my defence, this was not my plan.  I was kidnapped - honest.  I mean, handcuffed, put in the trunk, listening to George Michael's "Freedom" blaring all the way.   And sat down; front and centre - for the BIG show.  *ahem*  There went the "G" rating.  Anyway, obviously this was a time when I was having a bit of difficulty walking the straight and narrow.  Oh heck, I couldn't have walked a straight line back then if I had tried.  It's one of those things, when I am old and gray, I can look back upon; a secret smile on my face.  It was definitely an experience, but not one I would ever repeat.

3. What is your favorite dessert?
   All of them.   Okay, okay, if I have to pick just one.   Banana's flambe.   Marinate firm banana's in a dark rum in fridge, place in hot pan with some extra rum, add some honey, or caramel if you prefer, and light.   Don't worry, the alcohol in the rum cooks off... but the flavour is essential.   You don't need to cook it long.  Serve with vanilla ice cream.   Drizzle chocolate, caramel, or strawberry...or all 3 over.  Add some chopped nuts if you're feeling really crazy.  Simple, yet decadent.  Enjoy.

4. What is the best excuse you've ever used to get out of a ticket?
   Umm, *sheepish* I'd really, really.....I mean REALLY have to mess up to get a ticket.  Kind of got a get-out-of-jail free card.  Don't hate, or judge...would you give a ticket to your co-workers' spouse?  Also, marrying into the Thin Blue Line....you tend to be extra careful because people are always watching your behaviour.   But do you think asking them to tell Left Brain to bring home milk is pushing it a bit far?

5. Do you wake up before your alarm, with your alarm, or after hitting snooze several times?
   I wake up to 3 alarms:  the tune is pitter, patter, pitter, patter...mommy, mommy, it's morning, get up, get up, get up NOW MOMMY!   It's kind of catchy, but I have trouble dancing to it.  I could try hitting them to get a little more shut-eye, but they'd probably just keep popping up and I'd be stuck in some nightmarish, pre-dawn whack-a-mole game.....and I think people would probably frown on that in general.

And now you know a little more about me.