TGIF and Welcome. Link up below to play along.





1. Have you ever had surgery?

Ah, yeah. 3 C sections to be exact. There went the great birth plan I had worked so hard on. Lavender scented sachets didn't really help when you are strapped down, naked, and shaved :( Plus, I also have had ortho knee surgery. Slightly less fun.  Handy tip, if they ask you if you want the little blue pills for pain management; say yes.

2. Ever ride in an ambulance?
Yes, twice. First time was in university....no, I did like beer at the time, but not that much. I fainted in the shower one day and my room-mates found me. Turns out I had extremely low blood sugar and very anemic. Starving student days you know. One cannot live on ramen noodles and kraft dinner alone.

3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm?
Depends on who it involves. Complete stranger, or at least an acquaintance, no problem. I actually had a very traumtic (well, afterward) experience where I literally held a man's bashed head in my hands while he bled to death waiting for an ambulance. He was in a wheelchair and had a very bad fall off a pathway that did not have a fence....and stairs, not ramp. If something ever happened to one of my kids..I hope and pray I can keep it together. But I fear it is not likely.

4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies?
Absolutely...I am from farmer stock! Unfortunately due to 2 massive trees, my backyard doesn't get much sun, so as much as I would LOVE a veggie garden, nocando.   Although I have grown tomatoes in big pots on my deck, which gets the most sun.  But I have managed to establish some great, hardy part-shade flower beds. And yes, they do have color! You'll see the new Garden page up closer to spring's end. Gardening is my stress relief. I find my true solace in nature, with my hands in the dirt and the sun on my back.

5. When did you move out of your parents house?
Oh, that's a revolving door question. First, I went away to university for 4 years. When I came home, I didn't have a job straight away PLUS a big student loan, so I did move in with my mom temporarily. For the record, I did pay rent once I found a job. Then I moved out to move in with a friend...that didn't work out, so back to mom I went. And again, paid rent, until moving in with another friend. Now in my defense, my mom was a single mom...we've been through a lot, so being just the two of us is pretty natural. Then she remarried, bought a new house with my step-dad....and they both promptly were transferred in their jobs!! So, again, I moved into their new house to take care of it until they were transferred back. Then I moved into my own place. Then in with Left Brain after marriage. Now, some days I can't decide if I want to go back to Mommy, or on my own again. Haha.