So after several scary moments throughout the pregnancy, including a 5 week bed rest stay in hospital, and another 4 weeks bed rest at home......and gestational diabetes, also severe anemia which had me taking 180 mg of iron supplements daily, our little miracle finally arrived on October 28, 2009 around 12:30 pm, and weighing 9 lbs., 15 oz. (yes, you read that right)
Recovery of a third C section was further complicated by a terrible cold (no fever - not H1N1). Everytime I had to cough, it was agony. I was afraid every stitch and staple was coming out. They ended up giving me a mild dose of morphine because I kept holding the cough in, and then they were worried about pneumonia because my lungs would fill up with fluid whenever I tried to lie down. So mama went through a lot so this little precious bundle could have life. Hence the name Zoey --- which is Greek for Life. The spiritual meaning is "delivered". And her middle name is Grace.....because I think it is solely by the Grace of God that she is here. So altogether, the name seemed to fit.
Now the next adventure begins! After mom has a little nap.....